Friday 30 November 2012

Books



I think that it is important for me to peruse collections of other productions in this field of work, and where better to start than the library. Here are my results:

Promo-Art: Innovation in Invitations, Greetings, and Business Cards
 By Charlotte Rivers
  • Cal*LINE - Classic American Letter Press Greetings Cards


These are by far my favorite and most inspirational finds from my research so far. Such simplicity and yet so much character.




  • Camron PR Christmas Card

Detail within simplicity here with this bird and elaborate text. Something to take forward in my own work perhaps.



1000 Greetings  Creative Correspondance designed for all occassions. Peter King & Company. Rockport Publishers, Inc. 2004.


  • KBDA Jamie Diersing

The card range above is a simple lino print, something that i could pursue perhaps with basic block colours that complement eachother.

  • Firebelly Design Mikel Rosenthal

I have chosen to include this card because of the complementary colours and the border that reflects throughout that card folds. I am also drawn to the front text layout within it's triangle like casing.

  • Dairy

I have included this because of it's novelty use and it's theme of 'I Wanna Take Your Breath Away' to show that there are themes like mine out there.

  • Michael Osborne Design Paul Kagiwada Michelle Regen Bogen

The simplicity of design within a range of cards is shown here, something that i would like to stick close to.

  • Fiddlesticks Press Lynne Amft

Again, another simple design on a range of cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment